Monday, December 3, 2012

Everywhere You Go...

Yes, it's beginning to look a LOT like Christmas in this sparkly, tinsely, glitterly house of ours!  My once bare metal tree is far from bare all wrapped in silver garland and adorned with vintage ornaments.  The candy box ornament that I made as part of the swap with Elizabeth at Creative Breathing is made with a vintage Christmas card so it counts as OLD!
Mr. Wonderful played in band all through high school and college.  I had to settle for French horns because, well, I can't find a silly TUBA!  He still loves the bass clef music and we usually go to the Tuba Christmas every holiday season.
We will hang another patriotic ornament on the tree, it's the 10th year without our son at home.  This year the young Airman celebrates Mele Kalikemaka in Pearl Harbor where he serves at Hickam Air Force Base.  For each Christmas he misses at home I hang a red, white and blue ornament; I didn't know when he enlisted that it would last this long!
In high school I started making these pins, pearls and sequined ornaments.  My dream was to have a tree of home-made ornaments.  Thanks to our crafty habits, 35 years together and three kids who provided adorable contributions from pre-school through their elementary years, my wish came true.  Having the next generation start making some cute stuff will be my next dream...
 I decked the window box today; it was 40 degrees here in the north land and that's downright balmy in our part of the country in December.  I added a couple new things to the box this year, and there is more to come! 
                             
I will be taking a pause, not one that refreshes actually, but a little LOA.  I am slated for surgery on Tuesday and I'm not sure when I'll be able to come back.  Please add me to your prayer list and do keep in touch!  Thanks for being (as the young Airman used to say when he was little) my 'mortal support'.  I'm blessed by knowing so many of you who have come to visit and write to me!
 

 

25 comments:

  1. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow...please be okay! Take it easy...you were pretty organized and got some things done in advance. You are the best Tammy in the whole world! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. THinking of you, sending thoughts & prayers your way :) xxoxo P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers flowing from MI. Your decorations are splendid (especially the sequined ornaments) and your window box is so festive. Love the candle blow molds!! Take your time recovering. We'll all be here waiting for you. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tammy!

    Received my swap package today, and it made my day to open that pretty package! I LOVE LOVE them!!! SQUEEL!!!!! Can't wait to hang them up. You did such an awesome job! Thanks again so much. I guess my package will take longer to arrive. I hope you will recieve it in the next day or two. I will be thinking of your tomorrow, and hope your surgery goes well. We will indeed be here waiting for you!

    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you tomorrow! I hope your surgery goes well, we'll be waiting for your return :) Your window boxes look so lovely and cute ~so many goodies in there!! And all your cute ornaments on the trees! My grandma use to make those sequined ornaments too! :) Thoughts and prayers your way! xo Hugs, Holly

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your decorations look nice. So sorry that you have to have surgery. (((((HUGS))))) and prayers for a speedy recovery. BUT, take it slow and easy. No need to rush things......they can wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree is beautiful filled with such special and sweet ornaments!! You are in my prayers tomorrow! The Lord will be right there with you!! Sending you big hugs! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tammy, I enjoyed your decorations. I have a lot of vintage collections but not vintage Christmas. Praying things are well with your surgery and recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh what a great tree...I love it. I am thinking of you and hoping it goes very smoothly...please keep in touch and know that we are sending prayers and love...smiles..Renee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your tree looks wonderful. I love the red , white and blue ornie tradition for your son. I'm sending you hug and will keep you in my prayers. Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tammy, I am so glad you will have your trees to admire while you are recuperating. My prayers and thoughts are for you this week. Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best Wishes for a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your window box is the best! I just might have to copy you and add a couple of window boxes to the front of the Xavier Ct. House. Please know I'm sending prayers, good thoughts and white light your way!!

    Hugs chris

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, I wrote you a long email this morning and then "poof"...it was gone! I was so annoyed!
    I had to step away from the computer for awhile. lol
    Anyway, I will try again tomorrow. But I'll be thinking of you all day!
    Hugs to you my friend!
    Erica :)
    ps the window box looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Keeping you in my prayers, Tammy! Hope all is well today! Your home is looking lovely! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tammy, hope all goes well with your surgery, remembering you in my prayers. Your decorations are pretty, is that a red studebaker in you header picture? That was the first car my husband ever owned and I DROVE it a few times!!! God that was an ugly car! LOL. Get well soon, Dorothy~

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tammy,
    I am thinking of you today!!!! Keeping you in my prayers, always!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll be thinking of you today, Tammy & will be keeping you in my prayers--you'll be fine! See you when you get back, my friend--take care of yourself & get LOTS of rest!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your tree and the prayers are sent, I'll be saying more for a quick and easy recovery for you!
    Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your tree and window box are beautiful! Love the vintage! You have the support and prayers of all your "imaginery" friends! Wishing you a speedy recovery so you can get your craft on again!

    Blessings

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gosh-- best if everything! Get well quick for Xmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your decorations look just beautiful and even more special because of the memories that go with them. Good luck i hope the opperation goes and your recovery is easy and smooth for you. Hugs dee x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love all the handmade ornaments! The majority of mine are handmade, too! I hope you are healing and resting well. I continue to keep you in my prayers!
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  24. God be with you. Have a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete

You're the reason I'm blogging! Thanks for letting me know that you are here!