Thursday, February 23, 2012

FIN FACTOR

I hear the cottonwoods whisperin' above...

I'm in love with 1950's cars among other things.  I ask you, who wants a car that looks like a box with wheels?  Gimme some of those fins that make a statement on the rear fenders and announce themselves!  My car of choice, a 1957 Chevrolet Bel Air.  My 'sweet, smooth and sassy' model is Coronado Yellow with a India Ivory top.



The vacations in my childhood were taken in my parent's '57 Chevy, two door hard top.  We road tripped to the Black Hills of South Dakota.  My sister and Grama were sandwiched in the back seat with me.  We played the alphabet game, we stayed in motels and we went to 'curio shops'.  Ahh, the good ol' days!

I love those fins!  A surprise for our 25th wedding anniversary:  the car of my dreams!
Tammy's in Love...

1 comment:

  1. We had a yellow and white 57 Bel Aire when I was a kid, too, not in 57, a few years later, but always and still my favorite car. We lost it the first year Mustangs came out, when one blew through a stop sign and totaled both cars. Only thing I can remember about how the cars looked, the Mustang ended up in a ditch, with a tree stump coming right up through the console, injuring neither the teen driver nor passenger. Always considered that justice. The only images I can recall of our car are freshly washed and waxed, gleaming in the sun.

    ReplyDelete

You're the reason I'm blogging! Thanks for letting me know that you are here!