Saturday, April 20, 2013

ImagiMeri Field Trip

When I planned our vacation to Phoenix, it was first and foremost, to connect with this man:  my sixth grade teacher!  After retiring from years as an educator, he sold Real Estate and helped us buy and sell three homes.  He moved to the Valley of the Sun to retire.  Nine years ago I went to visit him and his wife of 57 years; a wonderful couple and the perfect example of life-long commitment.  When I learned last fall that his beloved had died, my Mr. Wonderful insisted that I go see my dear teacher this winter. Like the song, "Silver and Gold", I was able to combine both old friends and new on my trip.  My old friend and teacher, and my new friend, ImagiMeri on the same vacation!  Lucky me to have both of them in my life.
The day I stepped into ImagiMeri's Studio I was pretty sure I should have paid admission to be able to look around!  Craft area, sculpting area, tables for classes, vignettes and display galore!  Holy cuteness, I didn't know that her sculpts were that big!  Oh you girls who have a Meri original are so lucky!  They are fabulous!
 
Did you ever see a graphic brought to life?  The colors are to die for and to quote my adorable six year old grandson looking at my Grand Canyon pix, "I can't believe my eyes!"   
Even her storage boxes show ImagiMeri's classic style.  Why don't I tuck my garnishes into something this cute?!? 
If this guy were mine I think I'd park him next to my alarm clock!  Is that the most whimsical way to wake up or what?
This little display is full of fun, as were the tables of shadow boxes.  I came home with treasures galore and an ImagiMeri Snowman shadow box too!  I chose the snowman because winter where I live lasts from November to March.  Little did I know that we'd get 10" of snow in the week after I returned home in April!   
 
Visiting my new friend, "Live and in Color", I know that  Meri and I will have lots of time to continue to grow our friendship.  ImagiMeri, my Imaginary Friend is  real!  Two very good friends in one trip to the Southwest, one old, one new.
 
Make new friends, but keep the old,
One is silver and the other gold.

8 comments:

  1. You're such a sweetie. I had so much fun with you and your husband (he's so cool) and I've missed you since you left. We'll definitely have to figure out how to visit more often.......please, please move here in the winter ;o)

    Love ya'
    Meri

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to visit one of your teachers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you had a great vacation!! So much fun to visit old friends and new friends!! Lucky you!! chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure sounds like you had a great visit - what treasures you must have seen!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fantastic that you were able to spend time with your former teacher. Such a sweet picture of the two of you. I hope we can connect next summer when we go to AZ. Your pictures are just a lovely sneak peek at Meri's magical world. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So wonderful that you were able to visit with your teacher!! I am sure he loved being able to visit with you!! Miss Meri definitely has a magical craft space!! Such talent she has!! Have a blessed Sunday! xo Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. ALways loved silver and gold. Glad you had a good visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so sweet of you to go visit your teacher. I'm sure he was thrilled to see you and to be remembered. And then, to meet Meri too - wow!

    ReplyDelete

You're the reason I'm blogging! Thanks for letting me know that you are here!